FREE Soil, Compost, and GAP Readiness Workshop hosted by Jenny Jack Sun Farm, Extension, GFVGA, Global Growers, USDA-NRCS, Cooper Ag, and Georgia Organics.
Each participant will receive templates and instructions on how to document for GAP/FSMA, participate in a food safety walk and talk around the farm, free lunch, and one-on-one and group consultation from Extension, USDA-NRCS and GFVGA.
A.M. - Soil Testing and Compost 101
- Soil testing explanation and How-To
- How-to fill in and use soil/compost records for FSMA/GAP
- Farmer led discussion and hands-on opportunities to learn what they do and how they do it to build compost and promote soil health on the farm
P.M. - GAP Readiness
- A food safety expert from GFVGA will walk and talk participants around White Oak Pastures vegetable operation. They'll talk about what a GAP Auditor looks for and how farmers can take steps to strengthen their food safety programs
- A food safety plan template will be provided