Food Well Alliance, Inc. a nonprofit 501(c)3, envisions a livable, resilient Metro Atlanta growing, sharing and eating healthy, local food. We connect people, ideas, leadership and capital to grow a community that values locally-grown food. Our success is driven by collaboration and supporting thriving communities through measurable environmental, economic, community and health impacts. Food Well Alliance operates in ways that are equitable, transparent, and collaborative in the City of Atlanta and Fulton, DeKalb, Clayton, Cobb and Gwinnett Counties.
Executive Director, Food Well Alliance, Inc.
Posted: November 14, 2017
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, and working closely with the Chair of the Board, the Executive Director will have operational responsibility to execute the mission of the organization and fulfill and exceed the expectations/goals of our strategic plan. S/he will be responsible for “up and down” the value chain of the Alliance, working closely with current and potential future
- Community and Alliance Stakeholders
- Grant recipients
- Develop staff and organization infrastructure to meet the needs of the Alliance community and be prepared to take advantage of strategic, community building opportunities
- Actively engage in ways to connect people, ideas, leadership and capital to build a community that values locally-grown food throughout the Metro Atlanta community and beyond
- Develop fundraising, volunteer and corporate partnership strategies and coordination and build capacity
- Be accountable for financial management
- Experienced leader who can grow an organization, with clear objectives and accountability for the team
- Is a values driven, inspirational servant - leader with high emotional intelligence
- Is collaborative and has facilitation skills - The executive director will manage and grow the mobilization of capital, collaboration, and promotion of innovative opportunities that are the core of the organization.
- Has community and coalition building experience that will be helpful in working with other leaders as we continue to build a resilient, collaborative and equitable Metro Atlanta
- Has fundraising experience - The executive director must have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, including major gift fundraising, foundation giving, and corporate partnerships.
- Is a self-starter - Great executive directors are goal driven and possess a high degree of motivation and energy.
- Is passionate for the organization’s mission. S/he is “driven” by the importance of the organization’s mission.
- Has experience managing a diversity of viewpoints and interests; and yet can keep a sense of perspective.
- Thinks strategically, but implements tactically - The executive director sees the big picture but is able to implement plans effectively in “bite-size morsels” to move the organization forward.
- Has financial expertise - The executive director understands financial management and can develop and implement budgets. S/he recognizes both financial opportunities and threats.
- Has sound judgment - S/he has the ability to sift through alternatives, deliberate, and then arrive at a sound decision.
- Is persistent - The executive director does not let obstacles stand in his/her way and can persevere through difficult times for the organization.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree - An advanced degree in business, urban planning, or agribusiness is preferable.
- Connected to the local community - Has a history of active leadership, board work, and/or volunteer participation in the non-profit community of Atlanta, familiar with the network of agencies, supporters and government agencies affecting our community and current with the issues and opportunities facing the broader community.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to Tony Wright at email@example.com by January 2, 2018. References will be requested at a later date. Please do not contact Food Well Alliance directly.