We hope you and your students will join us on May 5th as we celebrate Soil Festival 2018, and continue a tradition of celebrating soil as a key source for building gardens, sustainable communities and healthy eaters.
This free event is for all ages and includes a host of exciting opportunities for school gardeners, parents, teachers and students.
Each year, Soil Festival aims to raise awareness of the benefits of using compost to improve our environment and to create healthy soil to grow our fresh fruits and vegetables.
This year’s event will be held at Truly Living Well’s Collegetown Farm in Metro Atlanta, and will feature:
- Educational workshops on gardening and composting
- A children’s corner with fun garden-based activities and story time
- A petting zoo
- Free bags of compost for your garden
- Complimentary farm-to-table food and fare
- Urban agriculture vendors