Visit Georgia Organics' website for full details.
Conference Coordinator, Georgia Organics
Georgia Organics is a dynamic and team-driven nonprofit connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. Since 1997, the organization has served as a statewide leader in the good food movement to grow healthy foods, farms and families. The annual conference is Georgia Organics’ biggest programmatic event of the year and unites more than 1,000, farmers, chefs, businesses, nonprofits, school professionals, community activists, gardeners and eaters.
Georgia Organics is seeking a full-time Conference Coordinator based in its Atlanta office. The Conference Coordinator plans and manages the annual conference as a core program of Georgia Organics and the seminal strategic event that connects the organization to its members and constituents. The Conference Coordinator works with the entire Georgia Organics staff to execute the conference and reports to the director of operations and the executive director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conference Leadership & Management
- Develop and lead overall conference management plan and logistics.
- Establish agendas and manage biweekly conference planning meetings with all staff.
- Leverage volunteer support to execute key components and on-site logistics.
- Clearly define conference team/roles and expectations with staff and key volunteers.
- Foster creative ideas that keep the conference dynamic and forward leaning.
- Develop the conference budget including rates, sponsorship goals and expense line-items.
- Oversee conference evaluations and summarize key recommendations for future conference.
- Implement solutions and new systems for improving year-over-year conference planning.
- Work with staff to develop theme and all educational and farm tour programming.
- Secure keynote speaker(s) with contract and negotiated honorarium.
- Manage and coordinate speaker recruitment, communications, compensation and evaluations.
- Work with development and communications team to market the expo and develop the exhibitor prospectus, including pricing and sponsorship levels.
- Coordinate key networking and reception elements and facilitate auxiliary partner activities.
Venue & Hotel Contracts
- Manage venue contracts and relations.
- Manage site selection and rotation for future conferences.
- Work with venue to block rooms, design layouts, and secure resource requirements.
- Procure appropriate AV and additional rentals as needed.
- Support promotions and publicity as well as on-site communications and signage.
- Develop composting plan and contracts and coordinate with venue and culinary team.
- Manage hotel contracts, rates and blocks and leverage hotel meeting space and services.
- Work closely with contracted food service/catering team to prepare high quality meals that reflect Georgia Organics mission to support local and organic foods and farms.
- Recruit and manage a culinary coordinator to execute menu planning, food sourcing and on-site food and beverage logistics.
- Develop an advanced checklist with outlined activities and responsibilities.
- Manage and track on-site logistics and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
SELECT PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Executing a well-organized, team-driven educational conference.
- Attendee numbers and evaluations, quantitative and qualitative.
- Meeting budgetary goals.
- Lining up future conference dates, locations and contracts.
- Coordination of staff and volunteers to distribute and execute workload management.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of experience in event management and logistics.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, conflict resolution and systems management skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment and inspire results.
- Experience working with venue, vendor and food service contracts.
- Attention to the completion of a variety of objectives and detailed tactics simultaneously.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office, databases and registration systems.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to manage tasks with limited supervision in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastic, tenacious, goal-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Ability to travel and occasionally work evening and weekends.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission of Georgia Organics.
The position is a full-time position working 40 hours a week. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes health insurance, retirement investment options and paid-time off.
To apply for the position, email a cover letter, salary requirements, resume and three references to Alice Rolls, Executive Director (email@example.com) by a deadline of May 8. Please put “Conference Coordinator Position” in the subject line of the email.