Presented by Georgia Farm to School Alliance, hosted by Georgia Organics.
The Farm to School Summit connects schools, early care centers, and local farms and distributors to serve and champion healthy, local meals in cafeterias, improve student nutrition, and increase farm and gardening educational opportunities. This year’s Summit welcomes farmers, teachers, early care educators and administrators, school nutrition staff, students, parents, and others interested in learning more about Georgia’s farm to school movement.
Summit highlights include:
- Opening keynote from national farm to school leader Betti Wiggins of Detroit Public Schools
- Closing keynote address from Burke County School Nutrition Director and President-elect of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Donna Martin
- Three 3-hour in-depth workshops and three 3-hour dynamic field trips showcasing Augusta area farm to school programs
- Twenty-one education sessions covering a variety of topics for early care and K-12 educators, administrators, and school nutrition staff
- Networking reception to help you connect with experts at the state, district, and school level that will inspire and help further your community’s work