Community garden enthusiasts from Georgia and across the country will be meeting in Atlanta, Sept 13 – 16, for the 39th Annual Conference of the American Community Garden Association (ACGA). The ACGA is committed to building strong communities and enhancing community gardening and greening across the United States and Canada. The conference will be held at the Georgia International Convention Center in Atlanta.
Over the course of the four-day conference, experts will conduct workshops on topics including conservation and sustainability, urban farming, pollinators, and innovative health and workplace programs, to name a few.
Conference participants also will have the option to head out on all-day tours to metro Atlanta community gardening and urban agricultural programs.
Friday Night, "A Buzz in the Garden" - a gala event and silent auction - will be held at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, and Saturday evening will feature "Taste of the South" - a networking event with southern food at its finest - at the Metro Atlanta Urban Farm
Full Conference Registration includes all activities and events mentioned above. Or, single activity tickets may be purchased.
- A Pre-Conference Workshop with The Cornell University Lab of Ornithology
“Building Meaningful Collaborations”
- Thursday evening networking reception
- 36 workshops
- Friday evening gala and auction at the elegant Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Workshops covering cutting-edge horticulture practices from conservation and sustainability to pollinators to innovative health and workplace programs to urban farming, and MORE
- Choice of all-day tour excursions to major community gardening and urban agriculture programs in the metro Atlanta area
- Saturday evening Taste of the South networking and southern food at its finest at the Metro Atlanta Urban Farm
- Networking, networking, and networking
Easy access via train or plane (Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport).