Director of Programs & Outreach
The Director of Programs & Outreach is a big picture thinker, a food system expert and a process architect. S/he is driven by the needs of Atlanta’s local food community and has the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models of resource generation and capacity building that deliver lasting impact. S/he is a natural innovator, with an entrepreneurial spirit and knows how to work across the organization to integrate Food Well Alliance’s grantmaking, convening, and storytelling into best-in-class programs that advance the role of urban agriculture in our city’s development and regional goals. Above all, the Director of Programs & Outreach is a trusted community leader, a natural collaborator and an inspirational manager, with a proven track record of program development, impeccable execution and measurable success.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, design ongoing programs that integrate and institutionalize Food Well Alliance’s processes of grantmaking, capacity building and convening for community gardens and farms, as well as Alliance members.
- Create, understand and articulate a detailed vision for urban farm and community garden services, including but not limited to mentorship, technical assistance, volunteer support, and cooperative models of resource sharing
- Serve as the direct supervisor of the Grant & Relationship Manager, Project and Impact Manager, and Community Garden Coordinator.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing & Experience to ensure that the wider volunteer and supporter community has consistent opportunities to engage with the Food Well Alliance brand and mission
- Lead the development of systems and processes to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and utilize metrics for tracking project and program deliverables
- Establish, build and nurture collaborative partnerships with local organizations and institutions providing resources, education and training to community growers and leaders in metro Atlanta
- Bring a fresh and innovative perspective to the Food Well Alliance team while understanding and respecting what works
- A trusted community advocate and leader in metro Atlanta, with sophisticated food system and food movement experience
- Able to drive innovation, change and growth, and be a detail-oriented implementer who can mobilize small teams to translate strategy into results
- Tenaciously optimistic and goal-oriented, with the ability to remain flexible and develop creative solutions
- A seasoned collaborator that thrives in a fast-paced environment with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges and demand excellence
- A design-thinker that loves data and relishes in defining measurable impact, logic models and program evaluation.
- Comfortable on the farm, in the Board room, and in front of the computer.
- Business-minded with a community-building ethos
- Self-motivated. You see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait to fix it.
- An empathetic leader who understands cultural nuances and working styles across our office to strengthen collaboration throughout the organization
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment that requires continual updating and engagement of the entire organization and multiple external stakeholders
- Confident in your ability to take Food Well Alliance from start-up to scale-up
- A Bachelor’s Degree and preferably an advanced degree in a relevant field
- At least 7 years of management experience, and demonstrated success in business development, community development, urban agriculture, and food systems
- Expertise in program development and evaluation
- Strong understanding of technology and information systems pertinent to the role
- Proven record of results
$55,000 - $65,000 Annual Salary, DOE
Health & Wellness Benefits Package
Flexible time-off and remote working
Fun, supportive, hard-working team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Kim Karris, Executive Director by noon, Monday, September 10, 2018. Include "Director of Programs" and your last name in the subject line of your email and in the title of your PDF document. Example: Director of Programs_SMITH.
Your one-page cover letter should tell us two things:
- Your vision for the future of Atlanta
- Why YOU should be Food Well Alliance's next Director of Programs and Outreach
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community of leaders who is proud to represent many different racial, socio-economic, gender, and other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.