Director of Marketing & Experience
The Director of Marketing & Experience is creative and cutting-edge with audacity and instinct. S/he understands how to “craft the feel” and creates unforgettable story-telling and brand experiences, on screen and off. The Director of Marketing & Experience has a keen design eye, a passion for delivering impact through creative visuals and brand experiences, and a killer print and digital design portfolio. S/he is entrepreneurial-hungry, staying current with emergent trends and platforms to deliver beautiful branding, marketing and design innovations that seamlessly weave throughout out all of our social media, video, photography and event experiences. Above all, the Director of Marketing and Experience is a communications ace that relishes the opportunity to amplify the stories of community growers in Atlanta and the critical role urban agriculture and local food plays in the development of our changing city.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to develop a best-in-class marketing, communications, and events strategy for Food Well Alliance
- Lead the message development, branding, calls to action and other beautifully-crafted means of increasing audience engagement across multiple platforms
- Act as direct supervisor to the Events & Experience Coordinator, as well as a future Digital Engagement Coordinator
- Know when to call in the expert design agencies for videography, photography and web design, because you have a clear vision and know how to get it done
- Develop and execute an editorial calendar that promotes a consistent stream of content to deepen brand recognition and generate buzz
- Optimize the marketing team’s resources (human and financial) and structure, providing fiscal oversight of budget
- Lead the strategy for all components of event design, production, and execution
- Create templates for presentations, materials, emails for use of all team members to ensure consistency and sophistication
- Collaborate across Food Well Alliance programs to ensure all events have a strong mission component; provide event logistics leadership for events and meetings hosted by all programs
- Amplify the voices of community farmers and growers among funders and decision-makers in provocative, compelling and game-changing ways
- Bring a fresh and innovative perspective to the Food Well Alliance team while understanding and respecting what works
- A creative thinker with a natural ability to craft story-telling and event experiences that people never forget
- A game-changer for a growing non-profit like Food Well Alliance. You constantly innovate and push boundaries.
- Technology-minded and are a whiz at project management and communications tools, like Airtable, Buffer, etc.
- Experienced with digital fundraising and social cause marketing, which means you know how to get people to “click” “donate” “support” “volunteer” and “act.”
- Precise and articulate, whether you're creating mock-ups to show around the office or final products to give our high-level donors
- Upbeat, organized and obsessed with the details regardless of whether anyone is watching
- Highly creative and thrive in a fast-paced environment with people that enjoy challenges and demand excellence
- Determined. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule and in budget
- A problem solver and a strategic thinker; you connect all the dots and find new and efficient ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency
- Empathetic and collaborative, who understands cultural nuances
- An excellent listener, with the humility and customer service approach to understand the needs of our team and our Alliance members
- Passionate about Atlanta’s local food and farming community
- A Bachelor’s Degree and preferably an advanced degree in a relevant field
- At least 7 years of marketing, design, and management experience, and demonstrated interest community development or food systems
- Expertise in Squarespace, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and PowerPoint
- Proficient with G-Suite, Dropbox, Basecamp, and other project management tools.
$55,000 - $65,000 Annual Salary, DOE
Health & Wellness Benefits Package
Flexible time-off and remote working
Fun, supportive, hard-working team
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com, to the attention of Kim Karris, Executive Director by noon, Monday, October 1, 2018. Include "Director of Marketing" and your last name in the subject line of your email and in the title of your PDF document. Example: Director of Marketing_SMITH.
Your one-page cover letter should tell us two things:
- A succinct story about a campaign, a product, an event, an article that you designed and executed that measurably increased support for your cause
- Why YOU should be Food Well Alliance's next Director of Marketing and Experience
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community of leaders who is proud to represent many different racial, socio-economic, gender, and other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary, and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.