Food Well Alliance is seeking a Communications Manager who will lead all efforts to communicate Food Well Alliance's mission and impacts to strengthen the local food movement with an emphasis on attracting and engaging members. The primary focus of this work will be speaking to a local and regional audience.
The ideal candidate will identify with the local food movement, be both self-directed and a team player, and be passionate about telling the story of local food.
This position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Description of Duties:
- Strategy – Support refinement and further development of branding and messaging.
- Website Management – Develop and maintain web content
- Social Media Management – Maintain brand consistency and messaging across social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; develop new social media profiles as needed.
- Email Marketing – Design and disseminate monthly email newsletters to members.
- Collateral – Develop program and marketing materials including Annual Report and institutional presentations.
- Public Relations – Actively seek opportunities to pitch local papers and magazines and online media.
- Content – Consistently source information from grant and collaboration work to develop web, print, and social media content.
- Visual Content – Organize and maintain photo and video library.
- Consultants – Contract services and oversee graphic and technical consultants as needed.
- Reporting and analysis- Evaluating data to better inform communication decisions.
Events and Membership Development
- Plan and market Food Well Alliance events
- Develop and maintain a program to create a valuable experience for Food Well Alliance member organizations and significantly grow the membership
- Prepare and send membership mailings and materials
- Maintain a membership database and track data changes
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of professional communications and/or marketing experience
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, particularly writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly professional demeanor
- Superior attention to detail
- Expertise with programs including HTML, Google Analytics, Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign, and all social media platforms
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Bobbi de Winter, Executive Director. Include "Communications Manager" and your last name in the subject line of your email. Example: Communications Manager_SMITH