The Wylde Center is hiring a Public Programs Manager, review the requirements and directions to apply.
Position Available: Public Programs Coordinator
HOURS: 20 hours per week
PAY RATE: $15 per hour, 2016 Annual Salary $15,588
START DATE: February 1, 2016
LOCATION: 435 Oakview Rd., Decatur GA 30030
CONTACT: Stephanie Van Parys, Stephanie@wyldecenter.org, 404.371.1920
VACATION and HOLIDAYS: 7 paid days, Wylde Center is closed for 15 holidays throughout the year
About the Position
The Public Programs Coordinator will work 20 hours per week to develop and coordinate community programs. This position will also serve as the point of contact and sometimes coordinator for major Wylde sponsored events. In addition, we are looking for the Public Programs Coordinator to manage the organization’s annual community program calendar that includes weekend programming, tabling opportunities, and Wylde hosted events. The Public Programs Coordinator will also develop and coordinate thematic birthday parties as well as schedule event rentals at all sites. The Public Programs Coordinator will work weekends throughout the year as dictated by the community program calendar.
- Private Event Rentals: Manage calendar for private events, and increase rentals at each of the Wylde Center’s gardens.
- Birthday Parties: Expand birthday party rentals by developing themes, managing hosts, and scheduling parties.
- Coordinate Wylde Center event details: Work with staff and volunteers to manage current events such as the Earth Day Festival, Decatur Garden Tour, Chicks in the City Symposium, and S’mores for all.
- Expand annual Wylde Center events: Work with staff and volunteers to expand community events to take place at each of the Wylde Center gardens.
- Develop weekend programs at all sites that engage the community.
- Coordinate community education classes with partners such as The Homestead Atlanta.
- Develop an overall Annual Community Program Calendar
- Collaborate with the marketing committee and staff to promote all public programming.
- Measure and track outcomes and communicate outcomes and program status to the Executive Director.
- Represent the Wylde Center at meetings, conferences, tabling events as it relates to the organization.
- Write articles for website, blog, newsletter, and magazine, and use social media to promote rentals or Wylde Center events.
- Duties related to being a member of the Wylde Center staff.
- Available to work some weekend days
- Takes initiative in establishing and pursuing community connections.
- Ability to approach a project enthusiastically and proactively achieve timelines.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times.
- Experience developing, assessing, and managing projects and events from start to finish.
- Strong communication, organizational, time-management, and computer skills. Social media and Google Drive knowledge a plus.
- Self-directed; able to work independently and on a team.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, references, and cover letter to Stephanie Van Parys, Executive Director, at Stephanie@wyldecenter.org. Resumes will be accepted for review through January 8, 2016.
- See more at: http://wyldecenter.org/job-openings/#sthash.DxdUCwVS.dpuf