Truly Living Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture Presents "Camp TLW where Dirt Rocks & Compost Cooks!"
Summer camp at Wheat Street Garden is an exciting place where children can play in the dirt, explore the environment and have fun with a variety of farm-based activities!
Campers (ages 6-11) will:
- Explore the ecosystem including "good" insects, butterflies and bees
- See veggies in their natural state and learn how they grow
- Make dirt from natural materials
- Plant seeds and watch them sprout!
- Make art and crafts from natural materials
- Have fun swimming and doing a variety of farm-based activities and games
Campers will apply math, science and critical thinking skills while designing their own gardens, and harvesting and preparing food. By the end of the summer, they will develop a love and appreciation for the earth's harvest and become environmental stewards of the lands.
Sign-up for the 2015 sessions today!
Session I June 1- June 12
Session II June 15- June 26
Session III July 6- July 17
Session IV July 20-July 31
Fee for each two week session: $375.00. Siblings receive a $10 discount. Scholarships available based on eligibility. Costs include activity fees, daily vegetarian lunches and healthy snacks.
For registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678.973.0997.
The camp is conveniently located at Wheat St. Garden on four acres of land in downtown Atlanta in the Martin Luther King Historic District.
The views expressed here belong to the speaker and do not necessarily represent Food Well Alliance.