The Golden Radish Award is given to Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) in Georgia who are doing extraordinary work in farm to school. The Award is presented by the Georgia Department of Education, Georgia Department of Agriculture, Georgia Department of Public Health, and Georgia Organics. Winning LEAs will be recognized by the leaders of these four groups at the State Capitol on October 24, 2016.
LEAs will be recognized at four levels. Gold, Silver, and Bronze Radishes are awarded to recognize LEAs with varying levels of farm to school programs. Honorary Radishes are awarded to programs that are just getting started and satisfy at least 1 criterion within the Bronze level or higher. An additional award, the Outstanding Award, will be given to the district/LEA with the outstanding farm to school program in the 2015-2016 school year.
LEAs must submit their final applications by June 30, 2016. Applicants will be notified of their award status by early fall.
How to complete the Golden Radish Award Application
1. Review the criteria for your size district/LEA
- Criteria For Districts and LEAs of 1-2 Schools
- Criteria For Districts and LEAs of 3-15 Schools
- Criteria For Districts and LEAs of 16-50 Schools
- Criteria For Districts and LEAs of 51 or More Schools
2. Review the 2016 Golden Radish Criteria Requirement Explanations
3. Want to learn more about how other districts met the award criteria in previous years? Check out these Golden Radish criteria examples.
4. Collect relevant district-wide information and documentation for award criteria. Note: Honorary Radishes are awarded to programs that satisfy at least 1 criterion within the Bronze level or higher. Beginning in 2017, districts will only be eligible to receive an Honorary award for two years.
6. If at any point you want to save and continue the application later, scroll to the bottom of the application and click ‘Save and Continue Later’. You will be receive a hyperlink to return to your award application at a later date.
7. Submit application by June 30, 2016.
8. If you have any questions, contact Abbie King at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 404-481-5015.
Congratulations to the Recipients of the 2015 Golden Radish Award!