Dekalb County is accepting applications for a Cooperative Extension Agent who will be based and supervised in the University of Georgia Extension office.
The agent will work to implement educational development programs for assigned areas of the Cooperative Extension program.
- Provides educational programs and activities in designated program area for county stakeholders
- Develops and implements educational programs based on a needs assessment survey collected from stakeholders
- Attends state and district update planning and training sessions
- Develops materials to support education programming for participants
- Prepares, coordinates and trains volunteers for events; plans and executes educational events and activities
- Plans and executes educational events and activities
Bachelor’s Degree in education, agriculture, horticulture or nutrition or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. This classification is considered to be an entry-level professional position, however previous work experience is preferred.
Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities: Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in performance of the essential functions and learn, comprehend, and apply all county or departmental policies, practices, and procedures necessary to function effectively in the position.
To see the full job description, click here.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email James (Jeff) Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.